1. Our mother carried us for 9 months bearing pain upon pain.
2. During this time, she could not eat because of us! She could not sleep because of us!
3. When we were a baby, she spent every minute of her life looking after us!
4. She only slept when we slept! She only ate after we had eaten!
5. She was patient and loved us even when we cried all night and all day!
6. She taught us how to walk, how to speak, how to eat, she taught us how to live!
7. When we fall ill, she looks after us!
8. She always cooks and prepared food for us !
9. She buys us whatever we ask for !
10. She loves us unconditionally !
These are just a few things that our Mothers do for us; they do so much more of which we do not know about.
However, one thing that our Mother does for us, that nobody else in the world does, is that she worries about us from the bottom of her Heart.
Allah has ordered us, in various places of the Holy Qur’an, to be good to our mothers. He has told us to look after them even more when they are old and weak. He has taught us to be gentle to our mothers and speak to them in a nice manner. He has also told us to supplicate to Him for our Mothers with this prayer,
RABBIR-HAMHUMA KAMA RABBAYANI SAGHEERAH
Translation : My lord, have mercy upon my parents, the way they had mercy upon me when I was young
The Prophet. May Allah send peace and blessings upon him has also ordered us to be good to our mothers. He has told us about the great rewards for that person who is good to his mother. He has described the mother as being a ‘door of paradise.’ He has also warned us of severe punishments for that person who is disobedient to his mother.